If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (205) 425-9191

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Facts about mold

8/28/2018 (Permalink)

Mold spores are almost everywhere, indoor and outdoors alike. This fact makes it impossible to remove all all traces of mold from a residence.  However it is possible to create an environment that makes it difficult for mold spore to take root and multiply in your home.  At SERVPRO we take all necessary steps to reduce the spores present in your home to a natural level. The following are some facts about mold and how to help prevent it.   

  • Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
  • Mold spores are very small and are present in the air and may enter your home through a variety of ways including through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or sometimes on people or pets that come inside.
  • Mold spores need Moisture and heat to grow and spread therefore lowering the temperature and humidity in your home will help, discouraging the spread of growth.
  • One of the first signs of mold is musty smell it gives off.  Often times the smell of mold will tip off homeowners of mold growth before visually appearing.

Other News

View Recent Posts